Playtime: 5-10 minutes
The Fast Pace Numbers Card Game is super fun for the entire family.
Use numbers and symbols to form an equation that results in 10,9,8,7 etc. and win the game.
- Visual Perception
- Basic Arithmetic skills
- Speech and Language
- Processing Speed
- Attention and Focus
- Problem Solving
85 Playing Cards
Rules and Game Variations
Score the most COUNTDOWN cards!
- Place the orange COUNTDOWN cards face-up to form the COUNTDOWN pile (10 on top and 0 on bottom).
- Shuffle the rest of the cards and give 5 ACTION cards (numbers and math symbols) to each player.
- Place the remaining ACTION cards face-down to form the DRAW pile.
- Youngest player starts and play continues clockwise.
- Using your ACTION cards, try to form an equation matching the value of top card on COUNTDOWN pile, starting with 10.
- If you can form an equation, you will score this COUNTDOWN card – Keep it!
- Place the used ACTION cards into DISCARD pile.
- If you cannot form a correct equation, you are out of luck.
- Take a new card from the DRAW pile, regardless if you could form an equation or not.
- This ends your turn.
- You must use at least 1 math symbol card to form your equation (see examples on back of this card).
- If you have used all your cards, take 5 new cards from the DRAW pile but don’t play them until your next turn.
The round is over once a player scores the last COUNTDOWN card.
The player with the most COUNTDOWN cards wins the round.
In a tie (equal amount of COUNTDOWN cards), the player who scores the lowest COUNTDOWN card wins.
The player who first wins 3 rounds wins the game.
If children don’t feel comfortable with multiplication or division, play multiplication as addition cards and division as subtraction cards.
On your turn, steal one card from as many players as you want to form your equation.
Use 5 or more cards to form an equation.
Double Trouble Wiz:
Shuffle the COUNTDOWN cards and place 2 cards next to each other (example: 6 and to 2 make 62). Try to form an equation matching this value!
Triple Trouble Wiz:
Similar to Double Trouble Wiz except except the players choose 3 or more COUNTDOWN cards to form the number to score (example 537).
Divide all ACTION cards among players, turn them around at the same time and form an equation as fast as you can. Shout “Fast Wiz” to score the top card of COUNTDOWN pile!
Use a minimum of 2 math symbol cards to form an equation.
High Roller Wiz:
One player chooses a random number between 0-99. Form an equation with ACTION cards matching the value of this number. The game continues clockwise and ends when all players had a turn choosing a number.
One player chooses a random number over 100. Form an equation with ACTION cards matching the value of this number. The game continues clockwise and ends when all players had a turn choosing a number.
All Players add their ages together. Thats your total age number. Then all players lay their cards on the table and work together to form an equation to match their total age number.
Kids vs. Adults Wiz:
Kids use 1 symbol card and adults use 2 symbol cards to form an equation to match value of COUNTDOWN card.
Shuffle the COUNTDOWN cards and play for the top card as usual. At the end, add up the value of all your COUNTDOWN cards. The player with the highest total wins!
Ultimate Masters Wiz:
Same as regular Countdown Wiz
Use a minimum of 3 SYMBOL CARDS to form an equation
Super Maniac Wiz:
Similar to Champions League Wiz except the players choose a random number of 1000+
Nerd Trouble Wiz:
Similar to Double and Triple Trouble Wiz except except the Nerds choose 4 cards to form the number to score (for example 4829)
Make your own Wiz:
Play it and send it to us! If we love it, we will print it here and send you 10 Countdown Wiz games to share with your family and friends!
Go to our Contact website to submit.